Accessing our services
We find that many queries can be answered by the information on our website – www.citizensadvice.org.uk – and often our advisers will refer to this if you get in touch. Can you use our website to find the answers to your query?
We have information about:
Benefits Work Debt and Money
Consumer Housing Family
Law & Courts Immigration Health
If you can’t find the answer to your query, can you telephone us?
We have found that most queries can be dealt with by telephone, no matter how complex and the best way to contact us is by phone on one of the numbers below:
- For debt enquiries call – 0115 945 3989. When the line is not open, please call 0808 278 7974.
- For housing enquiries call – 0115 945 3970 (for Nottingham City residents only)
- For consumer enquiries call – 0808 223 1133
- For help to claim Universal Credit call – 0800 144 8 444
- For all other enquiries call – 0808 278 7974 (You will be charged at local landline charges, for callers using a mobile phone these should be included in any inclusive package.) Please note, calls may be recorded for training and quality purposes.
We can provide a face-to-face advice service, which is strictly for people who are unable to access our services in any other way. This service is available on Mondays and Thursdays 9.30am – 3pm. We will do a brief assessment, which will involve asking you some questions to see how best we can help you, ie you may be signposted somewhere else or offered a call back or a video appointment in one of our pods at a later date/time.